Friday, August 14, 2009

Resurrecting the blog


In 2006, I picked up the book "Julie & Julia" from the sale bin of a local bookstore. I had heard of this lady who had conquered the blog space with her stories of cooking each of the recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and that her story is now being made into a movie. That same year, I persuaded my husband to gift me with my own copy of THE book.

After a long-time of waiting, the movie is now out. The reviews had been lukewarm in general. I on the other hand was simply wishing for more food and cooking scenes. Some say the movie is half-baked-to which I will defend the movie - how can you fit the unique stories of two women in a short two-hour film? NO, you simply can't. Beouf bourgignonne alone needs half-day to cook and within that short moment a lifetime can be changed as with the story of Julie and Julia.

More than two years after I got both books, I have them again on my bedside table with intentions of understanding how food had changed the lives of these two women. And today, I am resurrecting my blog so I can also share stories of my own food adventures. It is my simple escape to my own dream land of passion, ambition and yes, like Julia... butter.




No comments: