.jpg)
My first article is about a kitchen adventure that I shared with my two friends, Mitos and Judith, way back in 1994 when we rode a bus to Cubao – one of the busiest Metropolis in the Philippines. Our destination is a small shop called Chocolate Lovers that sells baking and chocolate-making ingredients and tools. We were to experiment on making molded chocolates. Mitos and I were the most enthusiastic while Judith tagged along simply because there was nothing to do at lunch. Many years had passed and Mitos and I had long gone our own ways. I had lost tracked of her whereabouts after her family had moved to different states here in America but we were recently reunited, surprisingly by Judith who is 3,000 miles in the Philippines, through the power of e-mail. Mitos is now in California and I am in Dallas but we are so happy to be sharing recipes again. Last Valentines, I took out the candy molds that I had collected over the years, some still saved from that lunch trip that the three of us made years ago, and I made chocolates again for my husband and my neighbors’ kids. It was fun to reminisce and remember the kitchen adventure that started a wonderful friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment