
I was looking for a photo to post for my blog and I chanced upon this video of me rolling out a piece of dough for a cookie contest. I hit a button so I can save the image but the result was blurred because of the movement and yet, I thought that it was still perfect. It is me a cook, a baker and an adventurer in the kitchen with my best tool --my hands. I look at people in their kitchens by the way they hold the knife, cut a piece of meat or lay food on the plate to see if we share the same passion. I have lost tracked of the number of cuts and burns that my hands had endured through years in my kitchen but I know where each one is and the dish that it created. My hands are strong enough so I can force a knife through meat bones and yet gentle enough so I can make the finest filigree to decorate a cake. I abuse it during the holidays with endless chopping, mixing and washing and yet I pause every few seconds to give it a rest. My hands are my creative instrument and I shall forever be grateful for this blessing and every dish that it creates and every hunger that it satisfies.
